If you’ve been wondering why I haven’t posted any new music or VoidStorm updates in the last couple of months, it’s because I’ve been working on a brand new version of my popular mouse and pen smoothing app, LazyNezumi.
I’ve rewritten it from scratch with a nice Qt UI, fixed a ton of bugs, and added a bunch of cool new features!
I was very lucky to find some really awesome beta testers, who gave me great feedback, encouragement, and helped me track down bugs.
Lazy Nezumi Pro is now available for all Windows users here: http://lazynezumi.com/home.
Here’s a downtempo/chillout (not just electronica) mix I did for i-D online:
New MoonPhase track!
Produced in Ableton Live 8 with Massive, MicroTonic, Synth1, Oddity, and Alchemy.
Art by Sparth.
Yesterday I discovered this really cool synthwave musician called Rob Vogel.
His EP is due out soon, and I can’t wait!
Here’s my favorite track from him:
New MoonPhase track called Cruise Control!
I’ve been listening to a lot of retro-future synthwave music lately (Com Truise, Perturbator, and other artists on the Aphasia label), and I wanted to try my hand at it. Let me know what you think!
Art by Sparth.
Here’s something a bit more bouncy than my usual stuff!
Hope you like it :).
Only Synth1 was used (besides the drum samples).
Photo by Oliver Fluck.
I was very lucky to have my track To Dust chosen by Australian producer Kim Lajoie to be featured on a compilation of tracks submitted by readers of his blog. His remastered version enhances the high end for a much better tonal balance.
More info here:
Here’s a new MoonPhase track. Feels great to finally release something new! I hope you like it.
I’ve been really busy with VoidStorm lately.
I’m currently playing with post processing effects: gamma correction, pixelization effects, scanline emulation, background plasmas, noise, etc.. some interesting results so far. Here’s a gallery of the latest screenshots!
This summer I took some online classes with BerkleeMusic: Orchestration 1, and Film Scoring 101.
It was really great and I learned a TON.
For the orchestration class final project, we had to compose a short piece and arrange it for full orchestra.
Here’s the piano sketch I came up with:
For this I used the great free PianoOne vst instrument.
And here’s the orchestral version:
For this I used LA Scoring strings for the strings, and pretty much everything else is from Kontakt 5′s orchestral library.