Back in 2009, Bal (1286 hits) asked me if I could write a program that would allow him to smooth his mouse movements when drawing.
The reference he had in mind was ZBrush’s LazyMouse (3071 hits) feature.
My program is called LazyNezumi, and while it doesn’t behave exactly the same way as LazyMouse, I think it’s pretty close. It binds itself to windows of desired drawing applications, and modifies the mouse/pen cursor position when it is enabled. This allows fun things like cursor movement smoothing, lagged drawing, and random noise.
Instructions and other info are in the included README.txt (3234 hits) file.
A list of major changes for each version is included in the CHANGELOG.txt (882 hits) file.
Download the most recent version here:
LazyNezumi 10.3.3 (18207 hits)
And here is the most recent version of the apps.ini file (if you added entries yourself, make sure you keep those entries and add them to the new version):
apps.ini 12.3.2 (7084 hits)
If you downloaded this from somewhere else and would like to test the authenticity, here are the MD5 checksums for version 10.3.3:
Here’s a very cool tutorial (2100 hits) by ImACello.
LazyNezumi works with many apps out of the box, and the included apps.ini file contains settings that allow you to add support for other apps (please send me any new entries that work for you).
- All Wacom tablets should work correctly, but I’ve only tested with Intuos and Bamboo.
- This program has been tested to work on most Windows systems (32bit and 64bit).
- Some people have reported that it only works with certain apps when they are in “WinXP SP2 Compatibility Mode”.
- I’m sorry but there is no Mac support, and I don’t plan on ever providing any (this was already tricky enough to program for Windows, and I’ve never owned a Mac or programmed with them).
- For some tablets, LazyNezumi will not work correctly unless you are in Pen Mode.
- For applications with non GDI canvases (like Photoshop’s OpenGL canvas), you will not see the guide line or circle.
If you are having other problems, please contact me at kamihkamih[at]gmail[dot]com.