VoidStorm is a personal programming project I started during the summer of 2011.
My goals are to have fun and learn more about game programming by making a Geometry Wars (232 hits) clone.
To make it more challenging I decided to write my own engine.
I’m currently using the following libraries and technlogies:
- OpenGL (76 hits) (for all rendering)
- OpenAL (82 hits) (for audio)
- OpenMP (80 hits) (for optimizing many things)
- Lua (84 hits) (for game-logic scripting)
- FreeType2 (143 hits) (for generating font textures)
- GLFW (68 hits) (for joystick support)
- FreeGLUT (71 hits) (for window management)
- GLConsole (68 hits) (for live parameter tweaking and debugging)
- AntTweakBar (167 hits) (for UI panels in the model editor)
So far I’m only developing for the Windows platform.
I will be posting (83 hits) development updates as I progress, and a download link when I think it’s ready for public consumption :).
In the meantime, if you’d like to know more or try an early build, shoot me an email at kamihkamih(at)gmail(dot)com.