VoidStorm is a personal programming project I started during the summer of 2011.
My goals are to have fun and learn more about game programming by making a Geometry Wars clone.
To make it more challenging I decided to write my own engine.
I’m currently using the following libraries and technlogies:
- OpenGL (for all rendering)
- OpenAL (for audio)
- OpenMP (for optimizing many things)
- Lua (for game-logic scripting)
- FreeType2 (for generating font textures)
- GLFW (for joystick support)
- FreeGLUT (for window management)
- GLConsole (for live parameter tweaking and debugging)
- AntTweakBar (for UI panels in the model editor)
So far I’m only developing for the Windows platform.
I will be posting development updates as I progress, and a download link when I think it’s ready for public consumption :).
In the meantime, if you’d like to know more or try an early build, shoot me an email at kamihkamih(at)gmail(dot)com.