VoidStorm is a personal programming project I started during the summer of 2011.
My goals are to have fun and learn more about game programming by making a Geometry Wars (196 hits) clone.
To make it more challenging I decided to write my own engine.
I’m currently using the following libraries and technlogies:
- OpenGL (48 hits) (for all rendering)
- OpenAL (49 hits) (for audio)
- OpenMP (51 hits) (for optimizing many things)
- Lua (53 hits) (for game-logic scripting)
- FreeType2 (96 hits) (for generating font textures)
- GLFW (41 hits) (for joystick support)
- FreeGLUT (43 hits) (for window management)
- GLConsole (41 hits) (for live parameter tweaking and debugging)
- AntTweakBar (120 hits) (for UI panels in the model editor)
So far I’m only developing for the Windows platform.
I will be posting (57 hits) development updates as I progress, and a download link when I think it’s ready for public consumption :).
In the meantime, if you’d like to know more or try an early build, shoot me an email at kamihkamih(at)gmail(dot)com.